ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE…
There’s plenty of things to know for Oxford Half Marathon, a brand new event for Oxford RAG! Do read the below FAQs and get in touch with us if you have any further questions.
To sign up, check the Fixr link here
When is the Oxford Half Marathon?
What’s the route?
The 2018 route is currently being finalised but it is expected to be similar to the 2017 route which can be found here.
How can I enter?
How much does it cost?
We’ve got three pricing options for you:
- £42 with no minimum fundraising target or deposit.
- £32 with a minimum fundraising target of £150 and a deposit of £10 required if you don’t hit your target by 11/06/18.
- £22 with a minimum fundraising target of £300 and a deposit of £20 required if you don’t hit your target by 11/06/18.
Please note: each option is subject to an additional booking fee as charged by FIXR; prices are subject to change. If you don’t hit your target by 11/06/18 and fail to pay a deposit to make up the difference, your race place will not be secured.
What do I get for my money?
Your place includes:
- entry to the Oxford Half
- free race photos
- an ASICS finisher’s t-shirt
- a tote bag for all of your swag and…
- the Oxford Half spectator app.
You’ll also get dedicated fundraising support/workshops and training plans from the Oxford RAG team plus the use of our fundraising platform BT My Donate.
How will I fundraise?
Each participant will set up a BT My Donate page to collect their donations online. It’s a really simple platform to use and is hassle-free! We’ll help you set it up and can provide support throughout to help you smash your fundraising target.
And if you’re still stuck for ideas? Come to one of our info evenings or send Ben an email at email@example.com
That’s a lot of money to raise, how can you help?
Is the event accessible?
If you have concerns or questions about accessibility then do get in touch so we can help. Email the RAG team at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also talk to the Virgin Sport Oxford Half team directly at Hello@VirginSport.com . Wheelchairs are permitted in the event but please let us know so we can facilitate this.
How can you help me train?
You don’t have to be the next Mo Farah to take on the Oxford Half Marathon you’re allowed to walk or even hop the whole way and there’s other ways to take on the challenge instead of against the clock! These include taking part in fancy dress, with a group of mates, or as a chance to get to know Oxford.
Can I transfer my place to another runner?
How far is a half marathon?
Are there prizes?
This is Oxford RAG, of course there are prizes!
We’ve got a great set of prizes lined up for the top fundraisers, watch this space to find out more!
In addition to this there are also prizes offered by Oxford Half Marathon. Winners of the following categories will receive a free entry to a future Virgin Sport event. These winners will receive a cash prize, framed certificate and a free entry into the 2019 Oxford Half Marathon:
- Overall male and female 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place winners
- Overall male and female 1st place wheelchair athletes (competing in a racing chair)
- Age category winners will be emailed after the event and will receive a digital certificate and a free entry into the 2019 event.
- Age categories are as follows:
- 19 and under
- Age categories are as follows: